VINTAGE WINE COUNTRY TOUR (FULL-DAY)
Escape to California’s famous wine country on this full-day tour from San Francisco. Taste varietals at three different wineries in Napa and Sonoma without worrying about who will do the designated driving and learn about the winemaking culture in the most gourmet region in US.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Friendly and Knowledgeable Tour Guides
- Transport by comfortable luxury vehicle
- Scenic Drive Through the Wine Country
- Three different Winery Visits
- Wine Tasting
- The charm of Sonoma & Napa Valley Views
- Bottled Water, chocolate and snucks
- Complimentary pick up and return service to your Downtown San Francisco hotelWe offer Vintage Wine tour to Sonoma and Napa for those who want want to enjoy the great wines & beautiful scenery of California's Wine Country during one whole day. We cross the famous Golden Gate Bridge where the SF Bay meets the Pacific Ocean and stop at the Marin County Vista Point for magnificent views which include the GG Bridge, Angel & Alcatraz Islands, San Francisco and the East Bay cities of Oakland & Berkeley (home of the first UC campus) and the Bay Bridge which connects them to SF. Continuing our journey we pass above the hillside houses and yacht marinas of Sausalito and travel North through the rolling hills of Marin County.Just 35 minutes from the Bridge begins beautiful Sonoma Valley, the site of the first winery of California. Today Sonoma Valley is a world famous producer of fine wines, cheeses & olive oils. Our tour visits two wineries in Sonoma and one winery in Napa chosen by our knowledgeable guides for your enjoyment of the diversity of wines according to availability and group numbers. Three tasting fees are included.After two tastings in Sonoma we make a lunch stop. We have different options for lunch:
A picnic lunch at V.Sattui Winery. Great Italian Deli, and Bar B Q on weekends .The Village Of Yountville with award winning restaurants and famous Bouchon Bakery.Downtown Napa: many choices of restaurants, bars, cafes and shops.Sonoma Plaza: Restaurants, bakery, and ice cream parlors.After lunch we do the third tasting in Napa, one of the World's most famous wine producing regions famous for its great scenery, amazing wines and variety of restaurants.Tour length is appoximately 9 hrs and can vary depending on circumstances like traffic.We choose two wineries in Sonoma from the list below:HOMEWOOD WINERY is one of the smallest production wineries in California, it produces less than 3,000 cases a year, and makes 22 different varietal wines. very fair priced at high market value.VIANSA WINERY: Italian traditional winery, with 22 different varietals of wine, with an Italian deli, spectacular hill top views of Sonoma County. Traditional Tuscan Style Building design . Very romantic.JACUZZI WINERY: Traditional Italian winery, producing 22 different varietals of wine, also producing olive oils and vinegar for tasting. Romantic setting. Stone building with lookout tower. Family history of famous Jacuzzi water pump, and famous world war 1 air plane propeller.ANABA WINERY: Small winery with 10 varietal wines, specializing in Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Rhone Blends, Viognier, and Port.the winery has just opened a new building location, with spectacular setting and views.LARSON WINERY: Perfect for families with children and dogs. They have 3 labradors who greet visitors' dogs and children and keep them busy while adults taste wine inside or outside at the very large tasting yard.CLINE WINERY: Specializing in French Rhone style wines, producing 22 different varietals of wine. Estate tours offered three times a day at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm. The winery is on historic grounds, is one of the original proposed locations for one of the original California mission sites. On display are models of all twenty one California missions.Our choice of wineries in Napa includes but is not limitied to these wineries:MARKHAM WINERY: Producing wine in Napa since 1874, 4th oldest wine producing wine facility in Napa Valley since 1879.Awards for exceptional Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. producing 10 varieties of wine.with small tour of winery barrel room, in classic stone winery building.V. SATTUII WINERY: Has been making wine since 1885. Producing more than 20 varieties of wine. Some of the best cross tastings available.White Wines, Red Wines, Rose Wines, Riesling Wine, Ports, and Madera. Award winning Italian Deli. and Bar B Q on weekends.
Duration: 9 Hours (approx.) Product code: PVVUKB