The Taste of San Francisco Half-Day wine tour is specifically designed for those who want to enjoy the great wines & beautiful scenery of California’s Wine Country without spending all day doing so.
We cross the famous Golden Gate Bridge where the SF Bay meets the Pacific Ocean and stop at the Marin County Vista Point for magnificent views which include the GG Bridge, Angel & Alcatraz Islands, San Francisco and the East Bay cities of Oakland & Berkeley (home of the first UC campus) and the Bay Bridge which connects them to SF .
Continuing our journey we pass above the hillside houses and yacht marinas of Sausalito and travel North through the rolling hills of Marin County. Just 35 minutes from the Bridge begins beautiful Sonoma Valley, the site of the first winery of California.
Today Sonoma Valley is a world famous producer of fine wines, cheeses & olive oils. Our tour visits two wineries chosen by our knowledgeable guides for your enjoyment of the diversity of wines they offer & includes the tasting fees at both wineries.
Usually it is one small and one large winery. Lunch is available for purchase at either a winery or during a visit to the wonderful downtown Sonoma Plaza which is a park surrounded by historic buildings including the last Franciscan Mission, restaurants, cafes, shops and of course wine tasting rooms. This wonderful experience concludes with a drop-off back to your hotel. Tour length is approximately 6 hrs and can vary depending on circumstances like traffic.
We choose two wineries from the list below:
- HOMEWOOD WINERY: is one of the smallest production wineries in California, it produces less than 3,000 cases a year, and makes 22 different varietal wines. very fair priced at high market value.
- VIANSA WINERY: Italian traditional winery, with 22 different varietals of wine, with an Italian deli, spectacular hill top views of Sonoma County. Traditional Tuscan Style Building design . Very romantic.
- JACUZZI WINERY: Traditional Italian winery, producing 22 different varietals of wine, also producing olive oils and vinegar for tasting. Romantic setting. Stone building with lookout tower. Family history of famous Jacuzzi water pump, and famous world war 1 air plane propeller.
- PETER CELLAR WINERY: a boutique family winery producing high quality wines, that combine the unique terroir and fruit characteristics of our Sonoma estate with our old world french wine making technniques.
- CLINE WINERY: Specializing in French Rhone style wines, producing 22 different varietals of wine. Estate tours offered three times a day, at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm. The winery is on historic grounds, is one of the original proposed locations for one of the original California mission sites. On display are models of all twenty one California missions.
- One hour stop in historic Sonoma Plaza. Restaurants, art galleries, souvenirs, wine tasting, the choice is yours. Monuments to General Vallejo and to Bear Flag Holders. The last 21st Mission and Historic Sonoma Barracks served as a buffer against expected Russian expansion from the North and were the Northern Most Point of Mexico.
We pick our customers up
WHAT TO EXPECT
Wine Country Tours Review
- Small Group
Pick up from your hotel in SF
11:30 – 11:45 – Downtown SF
11.45 – 12:00 – Fisherman’s Wharf
Golden Gate Bridge
Stop: 5-10 minutes
- Taking pictures
Stop: 1 hour
Lunch on Sonoma Square
Stop: 1 hour
Stop: 1 hour
Return to your Hotel in